Sunday, December 26, 2010

Tang Jun's character password

 Development in the Chinese entrepreneurs on the The value of non-general to see how to find you. On the other hand, I would recommend my colleagues Lei Xiaoyu, she is the most spiritual enterprise reporter, writing is smart and bright, which makes it more interesting to our chat Shenju humanity. It also gives me an inspiration, later there may be many such similar to the questions to Tang Jun, br> To find a person, have a direct and superficial way. do not you just ask him: Has anyone said you look like a so and so who? Boy, I can get names in the Tang Jun is Ronald. Reagan. Tang Jun
it back to really sort of like him: the sun, humor, optimism, attitude is very good, speaking of passion, is also particularly good relationship with his wife. a lot of places I was in school at least he cited as a fellow. and his self-evaluation vary. Once he went to speak avoiding the profound human Ayutthaya. Jun Tang's response was: ; often reflected mm at this point as he and Ronald Reagan, has the role of actor-clear awareness. his 4 years in a grand, almost never been to subordinate offices, private appointments are almost never get along, and Mr. Chen, his circle theory point, so he does not like a real person, to feel like a human form is always smiling and polite licensing legislation. He did not even catch phrase. get rid of the short period of time. Less than two weeks gone. his old college classmates are skeptical: This is when our university that kid up? according to his own account, when his character is more like the University Artist: selfishness, apathy, emotional instability, but also likes to find fault with others. But now, For Tang Jun, the expression of these emotional memories mm has become his last cry was the farewell party before leaving Microsoft; the last time when anger is played college roommate about; his secretary with him for ten years have not seen him angry, but that there was nothing to fuss about his wife with him mm after twenty years it has not seen him angry.
Jun Tang that the character is professional manager core elements of success. He even proposed a character and high standard: good character people just do not find fault with any character. Perhaps because of this, he was constantly conscious amendments themselves, the impulse of the human part of him constantly give precise professional part.
But there are also said, because the lack of professional managers in China and the spirit of the system resources protection, it makes them have to sacrifice their own instincts to make up for system defects.
Tang Jun said that his character is actually a dark side (specifically what the dark side, he did not said), he has his two compression methods. One is to avoid all the negative reports on their own, do not get a look out completely excluded. One is to establish a psychological baseline mm up to this company I'm not done, then to be nothing to worry about fear. Later, Tang Jun and from there to see Apple's Steve Jobs a statement. Steve Jobs said his mental mm bottom line is thought likely to die tomorrow, and that all inventions and all of quickly, can not afford to delay time.
up, Jun Tang seems to get everything. He even no shortage of monstrous. But how can a perfect world. Perhaps only long-term coexistence with Tang Jun, be possible to try to figure out the weakness of his character.
However, Tang Jun password character behind, he has a clear goal: to do professional managers in China human models. difficult to imagine that the objectives of the end of 2005 mm Tang Jun, the most difficult time of his career, which makes re-examine its position Tang Jun: Who am I? where I want to go?
told in the Tang Jun I have his Achilles heel, I first told him one thing: Don always, in fact, you still have a mantra. Your mantra is: How do I Tang Jun is. from the following readme, everyone can find it .
unspoken rules: Chairman and CEO
is with people I never talked about why I chose to leave Microsoft mm because I was president of Microsoft Greater China, Huang, a power struggle. I am a Chinese president, he is President, Greater China. then I told him the power struggle is very clear, outsiders saw was pretty intense. I have some decisions never told him directly to do.
Later I reflected headquarters, Microsoft is not need to have a double structure, it should be abolished. But the Americans is not a framework to determine the problem, is a human problem, as long as people can send a good solution, so come in soon for a Tim Chen.
to that Tim Chen One day I sank. It was Aug. 17, I got to the office to receive Huang, on the phone. He said Tang Jun, you know, the Internet, said Tim Chen to come join us. I hasten to the Internet, a look it really is. We At the same time both immediately called headquarters, then headquarters of the morning, saying that you wait, the company will send an email to explain this matter to do with you. This time we know that this is a result of the.
sad. This professional managers is sad, but also the sorrow of American companies. This is the great challenge of self-esteem: in the absence of consultation with the premise, once hired a man. Huang, someone to replace him with the position of the do not know, or from the Internet to see.
headquarters of comfort, of course I said, Tim (Tim Chen English name) is a very good person, you can make good cooperation with him. But I know who did not use, not Huang, problems the question is not who is the structure. I told Tim Chen said that to solve the problem, only let me go, you stop to move any of the president of China. In fact, I was the last president of Microsoft China, after I canceled.
With this experience, and later when I went to a grand on the I assisted you, not to tell you divided country, and you do not do the things I do. This is my simple philosophy. I am sure he has not done, can not do, can not do things, these things that I power.
many professional managers in private enterprises fail because of power mm they must, have the right personnel, financial rights, the right of my audit is 10 million, the result in the end did not even 100 million. I say you do not understand the private enterprises. This is China's private enterprises, it will follow you to sign 10 million, But when there is final approval authority. Do not talk to him to play word games, China's private enterprises, said no text in this game. The first thing you have to do is to let him rest assured: I do not dispute the right to tell you , and I do not want power.
fact, they do not understand, this is one of the unspoken rules of Chinese enterprises: Chairman is the CEO. Even though he gave you the title of CEO, in fact, he was the company's most important. This is centralized, imperial-style management, a bit like the traditional Chinese politics, one person having the final say, power is extremely concentrated, almost no power other people. you should be bearish on the power, or even to give up power. and not foreign companies, is decentralized management . foreign power as the center is the most important thing is power, but the small staff has the right to foreign companies, a U.S. immigration officer the power to smaller than any one person.
Cheats
Tang Jun mode three grand in my career is a turning point in mm it let me know some of the unspoken rules of Chinese enterprises, summed up some of the Chinese professional managers keywords. The first is the power of just said.
second is communication. between professional managers and owners, I think communication is the most appropriate use. I told Mr. Chen 4 years, which did not have a red face. encounter cases I communicate with him, he would come with me to communicate, communicate into a tacit agreement the two of us. understanding what good? What are the benefits of communication? two people are doing successful hero, who do not succeed to criticize who do not. because a lot of decisions to the last has been said Chen is not clear Tang Jun, or the decision of the flyover. I call it the successful people will say this person is very great. But you do not forget, success is not important, failure is the most important. to avoid a failure of the most simple way is to make all your decisions into a cross.
This is not the same as private enterprises and foreign enterprises. foreign most important thing is, this is not a decision you make. because there are top foreign leaders, I decided well I can improve, but in private enterprise which has no upgrade space, and has reached an end. Jun Tang has ended, before Mr. Chen will not need the ability to show how much. you do not make mistakes is the greatest skill, but you can not doing nothing, how can not be said to have spent so much money to find such a man. It is very subtle, which is a kind of living wisdom.
the third key is interest. why many professional managers chose to go into business? because he saw the uneven distribution of benefits. He Entrepreneurs look to make money so, but did not feel that the ability of entrepreneurs how great you have such a market, I dug some of the people inside the company, a share of business to go.
shares and options it is very important , you can let professional managers peace of mind in the enterprise. so professional managers how to fight for their own interests? I believe both the interests of people not to compete with others, and value in return.
first kind of person who is just entering the business the first 5 years do not say you can give me a little pay, the most important thing is to learn anything in the enterprise, is not conducive to the development. In addition, the pyramid on top of the group of people, but also do not like you the boss to that set, no need to fully see him. you put this ball to him, let him decide, in fact, hard for him. but he made you think how you like this person? In fact, he already has a heart weighed.
, of course, you can still have some suggestions. For example, I mention with Mr Chen, I said I have been working in the grand 4 years, the last option I have is to hold the grand manner, can have options for me not very attractive, and you can not rely on options to give me compensation. this will be me the one billion Xinhua transfer fee, which should be the first case in China.
number two man in the living wisdom
Of course, in the centralized management structure, number two is very difficult to do a thing.
The first is the state of mind. This is all professional managers are around, but one thing I always do mm boss suddenly do second child, I also am a man ah cattle. My job at Microsoft when the powerful, the one grand, the need for such a state of mind belonging to her second child adjustment.
second is skills. put it bluntly, it is also the number of hidden rules You have to find such hidden rules. For example, when I went to a grand, Mr. Chen told me that, the grand now most in need of talent, where Microsoft is the most talent, you dig 4,5. I know he intention must be good, but I'm not with a person, not even the Secretary of the belt. He was very puzzled mm Do not you like a grand, why people do not want to dig a grand? or do you dig, but people come from? me really we do not need to dig a grand, grand quality people we have, people can use the grand course of development has completed.
grand outstanding talent it? good. but certainly with some of Microsoft's better than Microsoft, I do not What is the reason people dig? If I bring 20 people at Microsoft, Microsoft will help the formation of a grand to help, had no gang, was I brought one. Although these people I easy to use, they know my values and way of doing things, the first 3 months with some very good, but after 3 months there must be a big problem.
grand staff will say: that Microsoft employees how to self-righteous after also, in fact, we do not understand. satisfied as long as a person, has been derived to be dissatisfied with me, then why should I cause other people's fear? any company, any person to bring their old unit, must be false starts.
another example , when I first entered the grand start working 12 hours every day, persist for two years. Now that I think is actually a bit contrived, I really need to sit in the office 12 hours a day do? necessarily. But grand is the entrepreneurial culture Each employee is working 12 hours, if you work 8 hours in accordance with foreign companies, no one was on you. be sure to pass the 12 hours, so that they agree with you at an early stage, said Tang Jun is to hold the heart of business do something grand.
third is to understand. you want to get a lot of people around the understanding of staff understanding, Mr. Chen's understanding. I do not dig people, Mr. Chen did not understand me, I finally come to make trouble to convince him.
ability, but the most important thing in the end give you a grand mm what? many people have to say, Tang Jun, you're a vase, with almost a year. Why is often rumored to Jun Tang to leave? Because is the vase thing. vase finished reading this stuff enough, but not marriage, marriage can also available. You manager is vase, the bigger the grand reputation can leave. I was a bit Tang Jun, the star, but I Relax in the fundamentals never my own, people eventually see your fundamentals: hard work, competence, conduct, which I will never give up. has always been, I despise all the strategic issues that can handle everything, But the specific've always can not handle the mind: Oh, this might not get out too seriously.
but the final analysis, the sum comes from the estimate of human nature. I see a stranger in the street , I would think he was thinking. pondering human nature has become my habit. The first I like simple, honest I like the second.
more if you know me, you will find I am a very simple person. simply what good is it? complex man he is met there is no way to get you, because you are simple. He was very complicated surgery he will play, you will play, but you play but he , you will hurt. but I do not play you play, the two of us do not like the rules of the game, not the same routine, he can not tell you played against. you do a simple, no one told you last played against. no stroke win a trick , or inaction, I do not move, you come to good. This is my career which in the past to their own conclusions.
the end, I want to Tang Jun success can be replicated. This the core of success is to have a good character. eg sunshine, cheerful, responsible. If a man must choose the same quality, I choose kindness. The best character is not critical of other people's character. This is not no character, but that This character has gone through the test, Tang Jun has become a fixed pattern, anyone can get along very well with this model, you may even like it better.
to break the sad fate of those who assisted in China
ancient times, his assistant, who has a destiny, like Li Si, Zhang, Xiao, Han Xin, unfortunately their end.
his assistant, I think I have a very clear way and the future is not a lifetime goal mm adjuvant, the adjuvant is always no good results. I assisted adjuvant is a stage, complete the mission I have left, this is what I value. the middle of may I will get off this station, and then up and down trip. such as Microsoft take this train I've been I know how the operation of the railway. next stop the train immediately to catch a grand, grand down and catch up with Xinhua, the rhythm is a step by step.
fact, I was in the business of my career life, I regard themselves as a business in operation. business enterprise has its own brand, I also run my brand, my influence, my value. I run my career Tang Jun and operating business is exactly the same, a clear plan. enterprises will transition, I will transition. into Microsoft that hop is the mainstream, the end of business period. I jump from the grand Xinhua, my value may be raised. I jump from the big Microsoft to enhance the operational capabilities of the capital market . Microsoft is jumping to the big platform, jump height is grand to Xinhua.
Some people say that Zhuge Liang is the benchmark for professional managers in China, I am afraid I have no objection. that is another political figure in ancient China as the center of everything to him, as he worked hard. I used the I-centric business model, I was running my own, in order to improve myself, but give me a platform.
professional managers how personal brand and corporate brand can be appropriately adjusted effective segmentation?
just go big time, must be greater than the grand my brand brand, but concerned about the Tang Jun if I light the brand, the brand must go down. The second step Brand management must be grand, with big brands, only this time the brand Tang Jun, president of because I was grand. can not always support the big brands to Tang Jun, the brand, it is difficult, a person supporting a company, support not live. to pass me to the grand stage of brand promotion, and the rest of the more grand the operator's brand, so grand after upgrading, because I am the president of Shanda, I naturally enhance the brand, there are intersection the. this time I was on a grand brand.
said personal brand, my professional managers in China can be considered a star. professional managers are stars of the good and bad. not because of boss do not think you get down to business, is good because, somebody has helped China to appeal to professional managers: their treatment is low, in less respected in society, nor is considered to be a successful way. I am willing to do the spokesperson.
I always say want to benchmark the Chinese professional managers. This and other ambitious sparks did not start the first one there. It appears in the most difficult of my career when I am in a grand 2005 mm at the end of the beginning of 2006 when.
in a depressed state was grand, poor performance, internal staff began to doubt our ability, the media also said that a grand already declining, this industry is not already coming to an end? grand stock price fell to 12, my option price is 11, basically no value. At this time, almost all of the professional managers will leave. professional manager should be the water to flow downwards, down Tang Jun, Singapore is not the time to go, people will wonder if you have no place to go, only nest in a grand? I was thinking, we must stand up, we must persist, for the Chinese professional managers Zhengkou Qi. < br> At that time I did not go, not just a career choice, is a sustenance things. At that time my parents in the United States, they say you come back, you're not short of money, but also by so much suffering, so much by the grievances, there may be bullied, it is necessary you?
I asked myself, I was not in the suffering? I think I'm not in pain. a person to see he is not suffering, first of all see what he was seeking. At that time, The first time I clear my quest is to be a professional manager, professional manager is my career. ordinary Chinese people say that a person would like to make a career in business, is that he wants to entrepreneurs, this logic . The so-called working the emperor, but a professional manager job only. but I think I finally clear the role of professional managers mm I do is make a career, rather than do the traditional sense is to do business entrepreneurs .
CEO Jun Tang 1 billion of six Password:
1, goal: to do business as a professional manager. I do professional managers are doing as a career, rather than the traditional sense of doing business family is doing business.
2, power. Chinese companies an unspoken rules: Chairman is CEO. you should be bearish on the power, or even to give up power.
3, communication. to avoid a failure of the most simple way is to make all your decisions into a cross.
4, benefits. professional managers how to fight for their own interests? indisputable is indisputable.
5, attitude adjustment: the need for such a character belongs to II attitude adjustment.
6, a simple + frank. you do a simple, no one told you the last fight, no stroke win a trick.
(interview / the wrong knife Lei Xiaoyu Wen / Lei Xiaoyu)

No comments:

Post a Comment